The Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword HD
|The Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword HD|
The Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword HD is a video game released for the Nintendo Switch in 2021. It is a high-definition remaster of The Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword and the third The Legend of Zelda game that is a high-definition remaster. The game was co-developed by Tantalus and Nintendo EPD and published by Nintendo.
- The game is compatible with the Zelda & Loftwing amiibo. Activating the amiibo instantly transports Link from the sky to the surface and vice versa no matter where he is in-game with the exception of dungeons.
- The game has a new alternative control scheme that forgoes motion controls for a more traditional layout, with the right analog stick creating the sword movements.
- The player can now freely move the camera by tilting the right analog stick with motion controls, though they have to hold down the L button with buttons.
- The Wii remote is no longer officially supported. the Joy-cons have been introduced as a replacement.
- The entire game can now be played in handheld mode.
- The game can now seemlessly transition from docked mode to handheld mode and vice versa.
- The game now autosaves whenever the player passes by a Bird statue instead of going up to it and manually saving.
- The player can now save to any of the three available slots instead of constantly overriding the same slot.
- Hero Mode now has a dedicated save slot when unlocked as a new game plus feature.
- A majority of Fi interactions are now optional and no longer automatically trigger.
- The opening tutorial has been excised with large portions now skippable.
- All cutscenses and most dialouge boxes can also be skipped.
- The item notification now only appears the very first time the item is acquired, with the sole exception being Gratitude crystals.
- The game now supports High Definition resolutions up to 1080p, 60 frames per second in docked mode and 720p, 30 frames per second in handheld mode.
- The game contains improved textures and lighting.