The Legend of Zelda: The Wind Waker HD
|The Legend of Zelda: The Wind Waker HD|
|Release date|| September 20, 2013 |
September 26, 2013
September 26, 2013
October 5, 2013
The Legend of Zelda: The Wind Waker HD is a video game released for the Wii U in 2013. It is a high-definition remaster of The Legend of Zelda: The Wind Waker and the first The Legend of Zelda game that is a high-definition remaster, followed by The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess HD. The game was developed internally by Nintendo EAD and published by Nintendo.
- The Tingle Tuner has been replaced with the Tingle Bottle. Players write messages in it and send them to Miiverse, where they would get responses from other players online. The Picto Box now has a front facing mode to take self portraits. Link has several different expressions that can be cycled through with various inputs.
- After completing the Dragon Roost Cavern dungeon, players are able to purchase the Swift Sail at the Auction House on Windfall Island. This item is exclusive to The Wind Waker HD and operates 50% more quickly than the regular sail. The Swift Sail also automatically changes the direction of the wind, which allows the player to sail at full speed all the time without having to do so manually.
- Hard Mode has been added and is available from the beginning. In this mode, Link will recieving twice as much damage from every attack and hearts will not appear anywhere in the overworld. The mode can freely be turned on and off at any point.
- The menu is always on the gamepad while playing and can be accessed at anytime without pausing and disrupting the flow of the game.
- The GameCube controller is no longer compatible for this game.
- The Wii U gamepad and pro controller are introduced as compatible controllers, which is reflected in the UI on screen and in menus.
- Both the gamepad and the pro controller use their built in gyroscopes for aiming, similar to The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time 3D.
- The entire game is playable on the gamepad through the Off-TV Play feature.
- The Grappling Hook's crane is now shorter, which speeds up the time taken to haul up treasure. Animations such as those for the grappling hook are quicker.
- The triforce quest has been streamlined, with five shards found in treasure chests and only three are hidden under the Great Sea.
- The beginning wallet has its capacity increased from 200 rupees to 500.
- The game now supports High Definition resolutions up to 1080p.
- The game now has native wide screen support.
- The game has improved textures and lighting to overall be brighter with more vibrant colors.