Artwork of a Boomerang for The Legend of Zelda: Tri Force Heroes.
|First appearance||The Legend of Zelda (1986)|
|Latest appearance||The Legend of Zelda: Link's Awakening (Nintendo Switch, 2019)|
|Effect||Stun enemies, hit distant switches, retrieve distant items|
The Boomerang, also known as the wooden boomerang or Blue Boomerang, is an item in The Legend of Zelda series, making its debut in The Legend of Zelda. It is usually colored yellow. Link can throw it to stun enemies, activate distant switches, retrieve small pick-up items, or defeat weaker enemies. After hitting its target, the Boomerang moves back to Link. In some of the earlier games, the Boomerang can be upgraded to the Magic Boomerang.
Link using the Boomerang in Level-2 of The Legend of Zelda
Names in other languages
Ki no Būmeran
|Wooden Boomerang (Zelda no Densetsu)|
- In a Family Computer Disk System promotional video, it is seen at one point during development of The Legend of Zelda that the old man offered Link the choice between the boomerang or the sword. A screenshot of this scene appears in western manuals with Japanese text blacked out, despite Japanese manuals instead having a screenshot of the final version where the old man only offers the sword.
- The Legend of Zelda instruction booklet, page 24.
- M. Arakawa. The Legend of Zelda – A Link to the Past Player's Guide. Page 145.
- Zelda no Densetsu instruction booklet, page 23.
- Cabbusses's Retro Obscurities (July 20, 2013). sm20541982 - ファミリーコンピュータ ディスクシステム 販売促進ビデオ. YouTube. Retrieved March 14, 2021.
- The Legend of Zelda instruction booklet, page 41.
- This article is a stub. You can help Triforce Wiki by .